The Public Works' mission is to provide services to residents throughout the year in the following sectors:
- Maintenance of parks and green spaces;
- Maintenance of pathways;
- Minor repairs of streets;
- Repair of the aqueduct system;
- Support to other services, especially the '' Recreation and Culture Services'' for the organization of recreational activities, etc.
Amongst the tasks, the municipality performs the clearing of all fire hydrants to ensure quick and secure access throughout winter.
Also, if you have a fire hydrant on your property, you can help us by avoiding throwing or pushing snow near or on a fire hydrant. In doing so, you may also save lives ... Think about it.
Winter comes to us with a its magic and fun, but the season also requires organization and services adapted to the climate.
Snow removal requires heavy equipment and significant human and financial resources. In fact, snow removal as well as the abrasive spreading is done by an external company.
Public Works is in charge of snow removal of parking lots of our municipal installations as well as the municipal walkways throughout the Village.
In order for everyone to participate actively, efficiently and safely in snow removal on Senneville roads, here are a few guidelines to be followed:
- It is prohibited to deposit, throw or blow snow on the roads;
- It is prohibited to park your vehicles on the road at night between 12:00 (midnight) and 7:00 am;
- It is prohibited to park your vehicles on the road for more than four (4) hours consecutively between 7:00 am and 12:00 (midnight).