PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED - MANDATORY REGISTRATION:
Any owner of a dog residing within the limits of the Senneville shall, in the thirty (30) days following the acquisition of such animal:
- Have such dog registered with Town Hall of Senneville and obtain a tag (free of charge);
- Produce a certificate signed by a veterinarian stipulating that the dog has been inoculated against rabies;
- Identify the dog as to breed, sex, color and name.
- An officer of Senneville Town Hall must issue a tag, upon receipt of the registration, to the applicants having fulfilled the request.
- The owner of a dog shall make sure that the tag is worn by the animal at all times.
- Should the tag be lost or destroyed, the person to whom it was issued may have it replaced at no cost.
The following facts, circumstances and acts constitute a nuisance under the present By-Law and are prohibited. Any owner of a dog, or other person who causes such nuisances or whose dog acts in such a way as to create a nuisance acts in violation of the present By-Law:
- Dogs causing damage to property, constituting a menace to children or adults, or barking or howling or caterwauling to the point of troubling the peace or disturbing the neighborhood, or displacing garbage;
- The presence of a dog not held on a leash by its owner or guardian outside the limits of the property of its owner; or the presence of a dog which has escaped from its owner and is roaming freely within the limits of Senneville (not subjected to the North-Ward);
- The presence of a dog in parks, playgrounds and public places;
- However, shall not be subject to the said provisions:
- dogs held on a leash and brought to a park, as long as they do not go on playgrounds or on playing fields;
- guide dogs if they are held on a leash by a blind person and are acting as this person’s guide.
- The presence of a dog on private property without the permission of the owner or occupant of such property, or on parts of property belonging to Senneville, between the sidewalks and the street line, without the permission of the owner or occupant of the property adjacent to such parts;
- The omission of an owner to clean, by any appropriate means, any excrements left by his dog on a private or public property;
- Dogs kept for breeding, commercial or boarding purposes;
- The act, by any person, of walking a dog without carrying a recipient, a scoop or other similar implement for the scooping up of the dog’s excrement.
The Quebec Government has adopted a Regulation respecting the application of the Act to promote the protection of persons by establishing a framework with regards to dogs on December 4, 2019, and the latter was into force on March 3, 2020. This regulation will be applicable everywhere in Quebec and every local municipality is responsible for applying, in its territory, any regulation made under this Act.
Animal service provider
Centre Canin du Suroît/Contrôle animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges
Centre Canin du Suroît/Contrôle animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges provides the Town’s Animal Services.
They will also provide information regarding wildlife. Additionally, should citizens require trapping or relocation services, these will be offered at the owner’s expense in compliance with applicable government regulations.
Lost animals are now sheltered at the Centre Canin du Suroît/Contrôle animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges location. Owners will be asked to pay pound costs directly when claiming their animal.
We take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of obtaining licences for your dog at Town Hall. These are compulsory for dogs and will help reunite you with your pet. You should also ensure that your pet’s information is updated in our files as this is our sole means of identifying him should he go missing.
CentreCanin du Suroît/Contrôle animal Vaudreuil-Soulanges can be reached at 450 510-1508 24/7. Should you land on the answering machine, please leave a message and your call will be promptly returned.
Should you have any comments or concerns regarding Animal Services, please call 514 457-6020.
Animal Control Vaudreuil-Soulanges
1269, route Harwood
Vaudreuil-Dorion, J7V 8P2